It wouldn't be a Colorado Spring without a little April or May snow storm! So what do you need to do to protect your plants and outdoor space before the spring storm?
- Drain any fountains you may have outdoors
- Turn off your water to your sprinklers and drain the backflow
- Detach any homes from outdoor water sources
- Move any annuals, including herbs and veggie starters, inside if possible.
- Utilize frost blankets to protect freshly emerged and blooming perennials-
- Pine Lane Nursery has frost protecting Plankets available for sale!
- If large snow accumulation occurs, keep an eye on your trees! Use a broom to help remove snow from branches to avoid branches from breaking!